Would you like to work with patients and become an important part of the medical team?
To learn more, call OVCT today at 330-385-1070 or Request Information.
Ohio Valley College of Technology is enrolling students for it’s East Liverpool Medical Assisting program from East Liverpool, OH and surrounding areas!
Medical Assistants are caring people who help patients feel better. If this sounds like you, medical assisting could be your dream career!
Become a Medical Assistant and work with doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to help examine and treat patients. You will also be trained to work as a medical office administrator, so you can work in various medical office settings.
In this program you will learn how to:
- Take a patient's vital signs (such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse)
- Assist a doctor or nurse with physical exams
- Check a patient's vision
- Collect medical specimens
- Check a patient's blood-sugar level
- Perform certain lab tests
- Draw a patient's blood
- Sterilize medical equipment to kill germs
- Assist with simple surgeries
- Give injections (shots)
- Assist with certain heart tests
With your Associate Degree, you could:
- Manage a doctor's office
- Assist with dialysis for patients with kidney problems
- Work as a phlebotomist, or someone who draws blood
- Work as an assistant for a chiropractor
- Work as an assistant in a pharmacy
- Work in a hospital scheduling patients and working with patient records
You will also learn how to run a medical office. You could:
- Work with insurance companies
- Manage an office
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Use computers to do office tasks
- Understand medical terms
- Understand patient privacy issues
“If you need extra help, you can stay after. They will help you. They will make time for you. ”
“I definitely think investing in this school for my future was a good idea because the fact that they put you into the environment that you need to, such as externships.”
“The day after graduation I got my job. I think I was very prepared. ”
“OVCT is the best place to get a career. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.”
“The Medical Assisting program is a challenge, but it’s a great learning experience. ”
“Everybody fits in here. It doesn’t matter what age, what you look like…this is a family school.”
Externships and Certifications
At OVCT, we know your goal is to get career-ready fast. We’ve designed our Medical Assisting program to meet your career goals and the needs of local employers. Experience and certifications are a great way to improve your marketability to employers.
As one of our Medical Assisting students, you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world with real people. This experience is invaluable and also allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who hire medical assistants.
Not only does our Medical Assisting program prepare you to be job ready, but it’s also designed to prepare you for certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications our students are qualified to take include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant*
- Certified EKG/ECG Technician**
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician**
Medical Assistants are an important part of the medical team. You’ll dress in a medical uniform, have a career you love and be able to achieve financial security. To learn more about the program, call OVCT today at 330-385-1070 or Request Information.
*Required/Included in Tuition/Fees
** Optional at own expense and requires additional preparation outside of regular class times.